F A Q s - Specific information about R.I.G.H.T.S. & redistribution:
• What does R.I.G.H.T.S. stand for?
• What is R.I.G.H.T.S.?
• Who does R.I.G.H.T.S. affect?
• What is redistribution?
• Why is redistribution illegal?
• If graphics are linkware, why can't they be redistributed?
• I make websites for others. Is that okay? I use the linking logo.
• What are Terms & Conditions?
• My site was done by someone else using redistributed graphics. Now what?
• How do I join R.I.G.H.T.S.?
DEFINITIONS - Various copyright terms and issues explained:
• Bandwidth Theft
• Berne Convention
• Cease and Desist Letter
• Collection / Compilation Site
• Copyright Act of 1976
• Copyright Expiration
• Copyright Limitations
• Copyright Management Information
• Copyright Notice
• Copyright Ownership
• Copyright Term Extension Act
• Deep Linking
• Digital Millennium Copyright Act
• Email Copyright
• Fair Use
• Intellectual Property
• Interface Graphics
• Link Collections
• Minimal Creativity
• No Copyright Relations
• Notice of Copyright Infringement
• Poor Man's Copyright
• Privacy Rights
• Public Domain
• Publicity Rights
• Removing Copyright Information
• Royalty Free
• Scanned Images
• Tangible Medium
• Universal Copyright Convention
• Works For Hire
COPYRIGHT - Questions Most Often Asked (and the answers):
• In the beginning, there is copyright ...
• Who is the copyright owner?
• But does copyright protect me worldwide?
• Isn't everything on the internet "public domain"?
• Then everything is copyrighted?
• What does that copyright notice do?
• Does copyright last forever?
• So how do I legally copyright my work?
• Can't I scan an image and put it online?
• I am using an image as an avatar ... is that okay?
• Aren't clip-art books and graphics CDs copyright free?
• I learned how to make an image with a tutorial. Is that image mine?
• Fonts and dingbats can't be copyrighted, right?
• Can I convert my favorite song to a midi and place it online?
• I want to put a poem or song lyric online. Is that okay?
• Are HTML, CSS, XHTML or other languages protected by copyright?
• Does that "no right mouse click" code protect my images?
• Will watermarking my images protect them from being stolen?
• I mailed myself copies of my work. I am protected, right?
• I found someone using copyright work. What do I do?
• If I join an online group, am I protecting my copyrights?
• I made a website for a company. Do they own the graphics?
• Are scanned rubber stamp images okay to put online?
• I don't remember where the images came from. Does that matter?
• I am under legal age. Can I claim copyright?
• Is email copyrighted?
• Can't I take an image and change it to make it mine?
• How do I find out who is hosting a website?
• Cease and Desist Letter
• Letter to a Site Host
• Letter to a Collection Site
• Links to various online education programs
• Links to information sites regarding copyright, trademark, and patent
• How individuals can support R.I.G.H.T.S.
LINK TO US:
• Six pages with 189 linking graphics from all over the world